Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pre-departure party


It's now officially the last week before departure, and things are getting a little crazy: so much to do, so little time!

I have been spending most evenings in the past week or so seeing friends, wishing everyone a happy holiday season, and generally being sociable.

The week culminated last night in a drinks and dinner party at my place, in which dinner consisted entirely of home-made finger-food. Everyone pitched in, bringing both culinary and artistic talents into play, which made for a very successful evening.



I am sorry to be leaving (albeit temporarily), and yet also looking forward to it. There will be many people at Concordia I have got to know during the last two summers, and who I shall be very happy to see again. From a work perspective, after three years of preparation, we are finally ready to go from prototype installations to the real thing: daunting, yes, but exciting all the same!

No comments: