Thursday, December 13, 2007

Expedition planning #9 : What not to do before setting out

If there is one thing I've been conscious of during the past few weeks of testing, packing and shipping equipment, it has been to take great care when lifting heavy objects. With the last of our cases shipped (all 200kg), was quite pleased with myself for not hurting my back by any incorrect lifting.

That is, until two days ago. We had run out of printer paper on my floor, so I went down to the paper-deposit room and stupidly reached over a pile of junk to pick up several boxes' worth... and strained my lower back... Doh!

Not the most intelligent thing in the world to be doing 12 days before departure...

-----
Keep up to date with the latest developments at http://sismordia.blogspot.com

No comments: